24 April 2014

Making a new road

Some time ago I decided that if I was going to be serious about contributing to the fight against illegal wildlife trafficking, I had to devote my entire time to it. The blog needs time, and so do future projects that I have in mind. And this is why some weeks ago I left a comfy job as a legal officer in the capital of Europe to dedicate all my attention to this fight…not that I am going to jump on a plane now and start chasing poachers though. Trying to be realistic, I think the best way for me to contribute (at least to start with) is through law. And considering that the international legal basis for wildlife trade are to be found in the CITES Convention, the Master Course on MANAGEMENT AND CONSERVATION OF SPECIES IN TRADE: THE INTERNATIONAL FRAMEWORK organized by the International University of AndalucĂ­a (UNIA) seems like the best place to start while blogging and tweeting.
After 2000 km by car and 3 countries, I am finally in Southern Spain, in Baeza, where the Master will take place. 12 years after I left this region, I can say that I am almost settled and definitely anxious to start. 

As our great poet Antonio Machado once wrote: “Caminante no hay camino, se hace camino al andar” (wanderer, there is no road, the road is made by walking).
Stay tuned for more posts and tweets from Baeza!

No comments: